Terms & Conditions
Ancestor Homes Limited (company registration number 07510454) is incorporated in England and Wales. Its registered office is: 45/51 Wychtree Street, Morriston, Swansea, SA6 8EX. It uses the trading name of Ancestor Homes and will be referred in these Terms and Conditions to as “we”, “us”, “our” etc.
By using this website, visitors (“you”, “your” etc.) agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions:
- These Terms and Conditions apply to all websites operated by us. These include….
- Whilst we have taken all reasonable steps and care in the preparation of the contents of this website to ensure the information is accurate and up to date, we disclaim (to the fullest extent permitted by law) all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy of the information contained on this website. You should take your own appropriate steps to verify any information upon which you wish to rely.
- It is expressly forbidden to create a link to this website without obtaining our prior express written consent.
- No liability is accepted by us for the content of any website operated by a third party who holds information on us.
- We will not be held liable for any damage caused by viruses that may infect your computer equipment, software, data or other property as a result of your access to our website or your downloading of any materials data text or images.
- The format and content of this website may be changed at any time without prior notice. The operation of this website may also be suspended or discontinued for support or maintenance work at any time.
- In the event you are dissatisfied with the website or any content or material on it, your sole exclusive remedy is to discontinue use of the website immediately.
- This website may contain links to other websites. We do not assume any responsibility for the owners or operators of these websites, the goods and services they supply or the content of their websites. Hypertext links are not to be taken as an endorsement that such website is virus free. If you wish to provide a hypertext link please contact us at email@example.com with details of the URL(s) of the webpage(s) which you are proposing to link to this website. We will consider this request and it is a decision entirely at our discretion whether to agree to your request.
- Certain laws and regulations cannot be disclaimed. Nothing contained in these Terms and Conditions shall restrict or exclude any liability that we have to any person, which cannot be excluded or restricted by law.
- Non personal data regarding the use of this website is captured automatically. This information is used to help us analyse how our website is used. We do not collect personal data on this site unless you submit information in that part of the site where it is requested. You have the right to request details of any information we hold about you (for which we may make a reasonable charge) and to have any inaccuracies corrected.
- These Terms and Conditions will need to be read and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. The courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction of any dispute arising out of or relating to these Terms and Conditions.
Use of data
- We and other companies under common control (which trade as the Compton Group) have acquired documents relating to freehold and leasehold reversions and to rentcharge interests. We have invested considerable time and money in scanning these documents and extracting information from the scanned documents to establish a database, thus creating copyright in the database.
- This website makes certain data from the database available to you. You may purchase a copy in PDF format of any document referred to in the database. Your use of the data from both the database and the website and any copy of the documents (data and copies being collectively referred to as “the Content”) is restricted to personal or professional family history research. Content relevant to that research can be downloaded, but the download of the whole or material parts of the Content is prohibited. Similarly, re-sale of the Content is prohibited.
- You must access this website personally with an individual browser or mobile application. Automatic access tools such as bots, crawlers, spiders and scraping are prohibited.
- The price for a copy of the document (which we will send to you in PDF format by email within 5 working days of your payment) will be as shown on the website. Payment methods will be displayed when payment is required. Prices may be changed by us at any time.
- Cancellation or withdrawal rights, including those set out in Regulation 14 of the European Union (Consumer Information, Cancellation and Other Rights Regulations) 2013, will not be available to you as soon as we send you the PDF copy of the document you have paid for.
- You may find that a document you have paid for is in manuscript. At your request, we may be able to arrange for a transcript to be prepared in printed format. If that is the case, these Terms and Conditions will apply to our service of providing the transcript, except that the pricing and the timing for this service will be negotiated between you and us on a case by case basis. Once we start work on the transcription your cancellation or withdrawal rights will not be available. Furthermore, the transcript will be owned by ourselves and will be considered part of the Content for the purposes of these Terms and Conditions. We reserve the right to make the transcript available for purchase by subsequent visitors to the website.
- If you transmit Content to a third party, you will need to advise the third party of the restrictions placed on the use of the Content by these Terms and Conditions.
- The publication (online or otherwise) of the Content is prohibited except to the extent that such Content is already in the public domain other than through a breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- We retain title, ownership and all other rights and interests in and to all Content.
- You agree to indemnify us against all liabilities, claims and expenses incurred or suffered as a result of any breach of these Terms and Conditions by you or otherwise as a result of your unauthorised use of the Content.
- These Terms and Conditions shall constitute the whole agreement between you and us. You confirm that you have placed no reliance on any representation, warranty, condition or undertaking apart from those expressly set out in these Terms and Conditions.